WANT TO BECOME A GAME CHANGERS PEER MENTOR?
Expectations for Mentors
- Meet weekly with each mentee and monthly with the GC group
- Maintain regular and open communication with mentee via emails, phone calls, and text messages
- Attend Mentor Training and GC Orientation/Meet and Greet Meeting
- Attend Haq Center multicultural events
- Keep open communication OMA Director and other peer mentors
- Work closely with the OMA Director in planning end of month cohort meeting
- Share collective work and responsibility (Ujima) and respect for self and others by learning from each other as well as supporting and uplifting each other along the way.
- Bi-weekly reporting and evaluations
- Be a role model, maintain a positive attitude, and be respectful of individual differences
- Full commitment and participation in the program and maintain good academic and disciplinary standing.
Peer Mentor Qualifications
- Upper-level student or sophomore standing
- Enrolled full-time and in good academic standing
- Knowledge of the college and various programs and departments
- Be actively involved in the multicultural programs and campus community
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills
How to apply to become a Game Changers Peer Mentor?
For more information, please email Constance Pope: email@example.com