COACH ALUMNI-STUDENT MENTORING PROGRAM
As a student at Hanover College, you have a unique opportunity to tap into a robust network of alums eager to meet you and share their invaluable insights and advice on life beyond HC.
With the COACH Mentoring Program, you have the exclusive chance to establish meaningful, long-lasting relationships with alums worldwide. As a participant, you can seek the guidance of a mentor who can assist you with academic concerns, career advice, personal development, life after Hanover, managing classes while studying, and more. Stay connected with your mentor regularly through phone calls, in-person meetings, or email conversations as you mutually decide. It's crucial to note that our alum mentors have walked the same path as you and can help guide you toward success. So, get ready to take advantage of this opportunity and make a great connection today.
TYPES OF MENTORING AVAILABLE
- Resource: One-time connection for exploring majors, resume reviews, interview questions, etc.
- Career: Career and professional advice/activities (see below)
- International: Learn how to manage Hanover as an international student, explore career options, and live abroad.
- Student-Athlete: Inspire and support HC student-athletes as they explore potential career paths.
- Multicultural: Help maps out a pathway while at Hanover and beyond.
- Beyond the Point: Are you a recent grad trying to figure out life after Hanover?
- Do you need something else? Contact email@example.com.
For more information or to request an alum mentor, go to https://our.hanover.edu/get-involved/coach-mentor-program.
GAME CHANGERS PEER MENTORING PROGRAM
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY: Be Enrolled as a First-Year Student
The Game Changers Peer Mentoring Program is designed to help first-year multicultural students excel academically and adjust to campus and community life. The program pairs these students with upper-level mentors who provide individual and group mentoring every week. Our mentors aim to engage, encourage, and empower students to reach their full potential. Through this program, we challenge first-year students to strive for excellence, develop personal agency, and discover their unique talents. The Game Changers community fosters a supportive family-like environment that promotes strong and lasting friendships across cultures at Hanover College.
- Consistent guidance and support
- Develop self-confidence and potential for success
- Belong in a positive relationship with peers
- Better transitioning to college life
- Off-campus excursions
- Attend Game Changers Orientation
- Meet regularly with GC mentor and group
- Participate in a student club or organization
- Attend Haq Center multicultural events
- To fully benefit from the program, it is essential to commit and actively participate.
HOW DO I BECOME A MENTEE?
The Office of Multicultural Affairs is now accepting mentee applications from incoming first-year students. For more information or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812-866-7025.
BECOME A GAME CHANGERS PEER MENTOR
EXPECTATIONS FOR PEER MENTORS
- Meet weekly with each mentee and monthly with the GC group
Maintain regular and open communication with mentee via emails, phone calls, and text messages
Attend Mentor Training and GC Orientation/Meet and Greet Meeting
Attend Haq Center multicultural events
Keep open communication OMA Director and other peer mentors
Work closely with the OMA Director in planning end-of-month cohort meeting
Share collective work and responsibility (Ujima) and respect for self and others by learning from each other and supporting and uplifting each other along the way.
Bi-weekly reporting and evaluations
Be a role model, maintain a positive attitude, and respect individual differences.
- Total commitment and participation in the program maintain good academic and disciplinary standing.
PEER MENTOR QUALIFICATIONS
- Upper-level student or sophomore standing
Enrolled full-time and in good academic standing
Knowledge of the college and various programs and departments
Be actively involved in the multicultural programs and campus community
Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills
APPLY TO BECOME A GAME CHANGERS MENTOR
For more information, please email: email@example.com